San Francisco and the Bay Area: California Energy
The San Francisco Bay Area combines natural beauty and a rich history with vibrant commerce in a city where quaint meets cosmopolitan. This beautiful, hilly city on the bay is an extraordinary cultural blend, from bustling Fisherman’s Wharf to Chinatown to the historic Mission District. San Francisco is a center of finance and business activity of all kinds, from healthcare and human services to culture and communications. Just a short drive from the city is Silicon Valley, the global epicenter of technology innovation and research.
The Bay Area is also a dynamic center of arts and entertainment, from world-class museums to theaters and concert halls. With all these advantages, the San Francisco Bay Area is an ideal venue for a challenging and rewarding internship program.
“It was great how I was able to observe and participate in different departments to get an understanding of the hotel and how all the departments are connected to each other. I was very happy to get projects which I was responsible for completing from start to finish and they were always eager for my opinion.”
– Victoria S., Fairmont San Francisco
“Thank you for all the hard work put in to make my internship experience something I will never forget. The contacts I have made will last a lifetime.”
– Catherine A., Advance Global Australians
Students interning in the San Francisco and Silicon Valley areas are placed with companies ranging from innovative start-ups to global organizations representing a spectrum of industry sectors:
- Business, Finance & Economics – including Investment Banking, Commercial & Retail Banking, Insurance, Venture Capital, and Retail.
- Television, Film & Journalism – Film Production, Newspapers, Magazines, Broadcast News, Web-based Publications, and Digital Design.
- Arts & Culture – Art Galleries, Cultural Organizations, Museums, Record Companies, Arts Magazines, and Entertainment Venues.
- Healthcare, Social Issues & Education – University Departments, Research Laboratories, and Human Services.
- Communications – Advertising, Public Relations, In-House Press Offices, and Event Management.
- Politics, Law & NGOs – Legal Departments, Law Firms, City Government, International organizations, Advocacy Groups, Think Tanks, Trade Associations, and Electoral Campaigns.
- Research – University Departments, Engineering, Hardware, Software and Internet Companies.
Students: Please note that internships are available only through our partner academic institutions. To find out if you can participate through one of their programs, contact us.
1995 University Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94720