New York City: Global Cosmopolitan City
Put simply, there is no other place in the world like New York City. America’s most cosmopolitan city, the “Big Apple” is home to opportunity seekers from around the world. New York City is a global economic powerhouse, from finance to fashion and communications to commerce. It is also a world-class center of culture and entertainment, from Carnegie Hall and Broadway to the Guggenheim Museum and Yankee Stadium.
New York offers boundless opportunities to engage your interests while you build your professional skills and confidence in one of the most diverse and dynamic cities on Earth. No matter where your career interests lie, New York City is an ideal venue for a challenging and rewarding internship.
“What I enjoy most is the sense of satisfaction when one our company’s clients takes up my recommendation or is appreciative of what I have researched for them. It is also fun because the exact tasks vary every day -- I could be planning a trip to Florida on one day, and then doing a bachelorette's getaway weekend the next. It definitely makes work for challenging and enjoyable.”
– Josephine W., Quintessentially New York
“Everyone here is so friendly and nice. Producers love giving interns work and are always super appreciative. Other people are always willing to help you out if you're not sure how to do a project or where to deliver something in the building. People who have been working with Nightly for a long time love to give interns advice.”
– Katherine F., NBC Nightly News
Students interning in the New York area are placed with companies ranging from innovative start-ups to global organizations representing a spectrum of industry sectors:
- Business, Finance & Accounting – Investment Banking, Insurance, Management Consulting, Real Estate, Hospitality, and Recruiting.
- Communications, Media & Film – Television, Film, News, Magazines, Literary Agencies, and Record Companies.
- Arts, Culture & History – Art Galleries, Historical Sites, Cultural Venues, Auction Houses, and Dance Schools.
- Healthcare & Education – Community Services, University Research, Healthcare Administration, and Children’s Services.
- Marketing & Advertising – Advertising Agencies, Public and Investor Relations, Corporate Communications, Media Buying, Tour Operators, Retail, and Film Distribution.
- Politics, Law & NGOs– Legal Departments, Law Firms, Public Defenders, Governmental Agencies, Political Parties, Trade Associations, and International Organizations.
Students: Please note that internships are available only through our partner academic institutions. To find out if you can participate through one of their programs, contact us.
55 Exchange Place, Suite 402
New York, NY 10004